We are getting ready to show the results of our latest work on the Rezzable Browser Viewer for OpenSim. We have implemented some smart new things to make it work better and show more content than our first pass on this (which you can see here) . We should have the new version up and running shortly.
Several people have asked if they can use this viewer for their own OpenSim grids. I think the answer should be yes, once we get it to work this time around. The set-up is a bit complicated as well now, so we are trying to figure out how people might use it without too much hassle. Please help us test the new version when it is live.
The other question is would anyone really need/want to use this and how could we make a little money to cover the ongoing development. I would be great to get some comments on this. How would you need to have it work for you? Either drop us a note here or send us (some non-spam) comments using the contact form.
Main uses of the Rezzable Browser Viewer:
* Giving people a taste of the full immersive experience (i.e. an On-ramp to the metaverse) as a way to entice them to download Imprudence viewer and get a registered account.
* Sharing content with the wider online audience. So you can have art shows or live concerts.
* Guest mode for conferences, seminars. People can simply go to a URL and see, listen as well as chat.
* Data visualization. Share an interactive model with people.
* It will also be possible to publish scenes to iPhone and iPad, but on a smaller content scale.